Welcome to healforhope.com
- Take a few slow, deep breaths. Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Feel the air as it enters and leaves your body. Notice any sensations in your body as you breath.
- Pay attention to the present moment. Focus on your thoughts, feelings, sensations, and the environment around you. Notice the sights, sounds, smells, and other sensations in the room.
- Accept your thoughts and feelings without judgment. Acknowledge your thoughts and feelings without judging them. Don’t try to change or control them.
- Practice with intention. Set an intention to be mindful before you begin. It could be something like “I will be present and open to whatever arises” or “I will be mindful of my thoughts and feelings”.
- Notice when your mind wanders. When you notice that your mind has wandered off, gently bring your focus back to the present moment.
- Let go of expectations. It’s important to let go of expectations when practicing mindfulness. Don’t expect to have a certain experience or to feel a certain way.
- Make mindfulness a habit. Set aside a few minutes each day to practice mindfulness. It can be helpful to pick a certain time and place each day to practice.